palmozy fragte in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · vor 7 Jahren

Recipe for North-Indian Carrot Curry?

Some 20years ago, I had a home-made Carrot Curry in Himachal Pradesh- probably the yummiest dish ever! Now I"ve been searching for any such recipe but can't find any in the worldwide web- astonishing! Who can help me out on Himachal home-style Carrot curry ? Pleeeeease !

Update:

My question is really about Himachal/Punjabi? Carrot Curry... thus, no coconut inside, no soup like in the Japanese version, no sweets like Halwa... just a plain curry dish with mostly carrots only !

4 Antworten

Relevanz
  • Anonym
    vor 7 Jahren
    Beste Antwort

Ingredients:

2-3 big Carrot,finely chopped

1 onion,finely chopped

2 tsp Kurala podi

1/2 tsp Red chili powder

2 whole Red chillies

1 tbsp Chana dal

1 tsp Urad dal

1/2 tsp Cumin seeds

1/2 tsp Mustard seeds

8-10 Curry leaves

juice of 1/2 lemon(optional)

salt to taste

2 tsp Oil

Method:

Steam chopped carrots with few pinches of salt either in pressure cooker(without whistle) or steamer for 8-10 mins.You can even microwave them on HIGH for 4-5 mins.Strain them and keep aside.

Heat a spoon of oil in a pan/kadai and crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds.

Add asafoetida,chana dal,urad dal,red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute.

Add finely chopped onions and fry well until they turn translucent.

Add steamed chopped carrots and stir fry for 2 mins.

Now add kurala podi,red chili powder and salt and fry for another minute or two

Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and give a stir.

Serve it with roti or rice,dal/rasam/sambar and papad.

• vor 4 Jahren

Quelle(n): Delicious Paleo Recipes Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?LvGL
  • vor 7 Jahren

even I love recipes made up of carrot. you can try awesome delicious carrot recipe at: http://1takam.blogspot.in/2013/06/carrot-halwa-gaj...

• vor 7 Jahren

try this

Haben Sie noch Fragen? Jetzt beantworten lassen.