Named Driver - what does this entail?

I'm a 17 y/o female looking into buying my first car, and so I'm also looking at insurance.

I was getting quotes of around £3k-£5k for fully comp. I then found out about putting a named driver onto my policy, and then I got quotes from £1.8k-£2.4k which is much better.

However, my mum is having doubts about being my named driver and so she has a few questions:

What are the risks for her? Like if I crash, will it affect her policy (the one I'm not on)? Does she have to do anything?

4 Antworten

Relevanz
  • vor 8 Jahren
    Beste Antwort

What are the risks for her? NONE

Like if I crash, will it affect her policy (the one I'm not on)? NO

Does she have to do anything? TELL HER INSURER SHE HAS ACCESS TO ANOTHER CAR IN THE HOUSEHOLD AND PROVIDE YOU WITH ALL THE DETAILS TO INCLUDE ON YOUR INSURANCE PROPOSAL FORM/WEBFORM.

• Caz
    Lv 6
    vor 8 Jahren

Your mum can be a named driver without risk to herself or to her own policy. It reduces the risk for the insurer because they assume that you drive the car less than you would if you are the sole driver. My daughter has me and my husband on her insurance because it is cheaper for her and convenient for us and I first put my husband on mine because it was cheaper that way. Do not be tempted to insure the car in someone else's name and then add yourself as a named driver. the insurance companies are very wise to that and it would be fraudulent.

• Anonym
    vor 8 Jahren

What you're looking to do is a good move and will have no come backs at all for your mum. She doesn't even have to drive your car. Ever.

If you crash your car it will have no effect on her insurance.

Quelle(n): I am a named driver on my daughter's policy. I have my own car, on which I'm the main driver and I never drive her car. It reduced her premium a lot.
  • vor 8 Jahren

No it wont affect her NCD unless she is the one who crashed, she doesn't have to do anything,so no risks

Haben Sie noch Fragen? Jetzt beantworten lassen.