Is it strange that I like the newer Masta Ace albums more than the old ones?

Is it strange that i prefer Disposable Arts and Long Hot Summer and the eMC album over his earlier work? I didnt like the collabo with Edo G tho.

3 Antworten

Relevanz
  • Z Dub
    Lv 6
    vor 9 Jahren
    Beste Antwort

I think everyone feels that way, listening to the Slaughtahouse or Sittin On Chrome albums now, they just sound really dated. He was cool on them, he was kinda trying to be lyrical back then and I feel Disposable Arts and A Long Hot Summer were him taking his skills that he had back then and just focusing strictly on story-telling elements, plus the production he got on those two albums was perfectly suited for his style, some of those beats are close to classic as far as I'm concerned (Good Ol Love by 9th Wonder, Soda & Soap by DJ Spinna, Hold U by Ayatollah, No Regrets by Domingo)

Yeah the collab with Edo G was subpar at best, it just didn't seem as focused as both of their solo efforts were and just something they wanted to do. They actually did one really great track for that album, but it ended up being released on the Deluxe Version that came out a few months later.

Check it out if you haven't heard it yet, really great song

Authentic (produced by DJ Soul Clap)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4mwseMB7o

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonym
    vor 9 Jahren

Bro, I completely agree. Disposable Arts is a classic no doubt & Long Hot Summer both are the best albums in his discography.

• Anonym
    vor 9 Jahren

Do Not Know

Haben Sie noch Fragen? Jetzt beantworten lassen.