Is Lord Vishnu and Venkateshwara different?

I have read about the 9 avatars - so those does not say Vishnu is an avatar of Venkateshwara or vise-versa.

So why is lord vishnu called venkateshwara?

I know there are 108 names or so names - BUT there are temples and statues dedicated to to Lord Venkateshwara just like to Krishna or Rama ...

Any explanation is appreciated and serious answers only please

Thank you

4 Antworten

Relevanz
  • vor 10 Jahren
    Beste Antwort

No, there is no difference between Lord Visnu and Lord Venkateshwara. He is also Visnu-tattva. Therefore you can safely worship Him with all your heart.

Lord Venkateshwara is also known as Srinivasa.

In the Varaha Purana you can find the whole story.

http://nitaaiveda.com/NITAAI_Yoga_Forums/Swami's_W...

• vor 10 Jahren

Lord Vishnu and Lord Venkateshwara of Tirupathi are one and the same.

i) Narayana resides eternally in Vaikuntha with His consorts and nithya suris like Garuda, Vishwaksena etc. We in this planet earth have no access to that Vaikuntha. So He takes vibhava avatara (like dasaavatara) for our sake. But again only those contemporaries have the bhagyam to mingle with the Almighty.

ii) For people like us Lord Vishnu permanently resides in various temples near us to bless with His anugraham. And among the various sthalams of Vishnu there are 108 which are called divyadesams. Azhwars have sung in praise of the perumal (Vishnu) and hence the special status. And even among the 108 there are only 8 temples in which the Lord appeared as deity on His own accord (swayamvyektha kshetram). And Lord Venkateshwara is prominent among them.

Just by having darshan of the perumal will rid you of the accumulated papa karma.

• vor 10 Jahren

you see in india ; many states have their local god which is just like vishnu ; & they all are same . like in maharashtra we have viththal . his temple in pandharpur .

• vor 10 Jahren

I know only about Laddu

Haben Sie noch Fragen? Jetzt beantworten lassen.