Can anyone help me with my computer/possible virus issue?

About a week ago, I got a bunch of warnings from my anti-virus software about a virus being blocked. They kept coming up repeatedly, but I didn't know what to do other than tell it to keep blocking the virus. Now, I can't connect to IE. I can connect to AIM, and my computer is showing a wireless connection, but anytime I try to open a web page it says it can't connect.

When I tell it to diagnose the problem, it says to "verify the current proxy server configuration." I don't use a proxy server. What does this mean? How do I fix it? Is this caused by the virus that attacked my computer? My virus scans haven't found anything, and I haven't been able to find a virus myself (although I'm not sure what I'm looking for). I'd like to find a solution other than wiping my computer and losing my files.

Help, anyone? :(

4 Antworten

Relevanz
  • vor 1 Jahrzehnt
    Beste Antwort

open internet explorer, click on tools>internet options>connections>LAN settings...if the box "use a proxy server..." is checked, uncheck it.

Malware probably had changed your internet settings to use it's server,

I'd also scan with a program like Malwarebytes

• Erika
    Lv 4
    vor 4 Jahren

take out ur battery. Press the skill substitute for 30s with the mains related and observe if it activates. If it does , then ask yet yet another Q approximately beginning up a working pc or computing gadget that may no longer boot. If no longer then esp in case you dont even see the skill undemanding on with mains related and the computing gadget is ineffective then your mom substitute into rather examining the in simple terms right cries of a loss of life computing gadget. there's no longer something you're arranged to do then . It substitute into in all probability a motherboard failed ( esp the skill strip). Are you connecting your computing gadget making use of a surge protector ? which could be one reason it burned out the skill strip ...

• vor 1 Jahrzehnt

I'm not very experienced by viruses, but from what I know some of them stay hidden from your anti-virus, I use Prevx it works great uncovering all the viruses. Also stay away from those "online scans" they are all scams.

If your running Windows 7 Navigate to Control panel --> System and Security--> under Action Center click on "restore computer from an earlier time"

And this should probably fix it. If nothing can I think your going to have to restore.

Quelle(n): None.
  • vor 1 Jahrzehnt

its better to restore your computer

or take it to some techncian

Haben Sie noch Fragen? Jetzt beantworten lassen.